Milestone Medical Outreach works to serve the healthcare needs of individuals in need, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious background, or disability. We strive to accomplish a range of projects designed to improve the lives of underprivileged and underserved individuals across the United States, Africa, and other countries around the world.
Areas of Need
- Milestone Medical Outreach currently serves individuals residing in South Nigeria and South Eastern Region of the United States. It’s estimated that over 4 million people reside in Southern Nigeria with limited access to much-needed health care facilities in accordance with the Nigerian Census data of 2009. With over 4 million people, about 35% of the population in the region has high blood pressure, diabetes, and associated co-morbidities. Our goal is to be able to serve estimated 20,000 patients with no access to health care and those who cannot afford the cost of treatment on a yearly basis.
- With an Outpatient Clinic and Surgical Facility, Milestone Medical Outreach will be able to promote awareness and health education in healthy living conditions and food consumption to the communities in Nigeria, Cameroon, and Liberia.
- Milestone Medical Outreach will be able to provide adequate medications to individuals and patients with chronic diseases, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, HIV, as well as anti-viral medications (antibiotics) and prenatal care and vitamins to pregnant women in the rural communities.
Milestone Medical Outreach will continue to collaborate with international organizations, such as the World Health Organization (WHO), to reach the Millennium development goals. We will continue to promote health education and awareness for women in rural communities and enhance access to health care to women and children.
Future Goals and Projects
- Milestone Medical Outreach will work in collaboration with other local organizations in Africa and the United States to roll-back malaria outbreaks, onchocerciasis, and HIV/AIDS and to eliminate neglected diseases in tropical countries.
- Milestone Medical Outreach will provide blood pressure medications (1 to 12 months’ supply) as well as blood pressure monitoring kits to patients with high blood pressure in Africa.
- Setting up of fully-equipped Mobile Clinics in areas where the population is not able to access healthcare centers.
- Follow-up care in collaboration with local physicians and government-operated hospitals for the continuity of care and care coordination with the patients.
- Initiation of Tele-Medicine Program where consultation on varying medical conditions can occur with an assigned physician via a telephone with local and foreign partners.
- Improve diabetic care and research through funding to local university training programs.
- Building capacity of the local public health system and medical training.
- Health Care Awareness through education on breast cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, etc.
- Provision of potable water in low-resource communities by digging boreholes and infrastructure development.
- Provide medical transport (ambulance) to enhance the ability of emergency medical services.
- In order to solve complex medical issues, Milestone Medical Outreach has purchased land at Adiabo Community to build an Outpatient Medical and Surgical Facility with Pharmacy where patients and individuals with chronic medical conditions can be diagnosed and treated with genuine medications.
- A mission guest house will also be built on this land to accommodate the various teams of medical doctors and nurses (volunteers) who will serve the clinic and surrounding villages.
If you would like to learn more about our projects, or if you have any project suggestions, we would love to hear from you. Contact us at 301-408-1855 to talk to one of our representatives.